Over the past couple of weeks, Noni, Auntie Julie, Mamaw & Papaw, and others have all visited the Swaggerty Compound. One thing that each of the visitors learned during their stay was that Ben would soon find a way to run/fall/tumble/slip/dive/jump off of our back deck, and no one wanted it to happen on their watch, but for one luck group it did.
The honor goes to Mamaw and Papaw--both converged on Ben just as he, without even looking or hesitating, ran off the porch and used his face to stop himself. Both M&P were mortified, but Ben barely noticed after a couple of minutes passed. They are probably as mortified that I made this post on Ben's blog, but no need to be. All is forgiven (although there wasn't really anything to forgive), and as each of you know, it could have just as easily happened on your watch.
Below are a few pictures of Ben and his war wound. As you can see in the final picture Ben is already mostly healed.

3 comments:
Gnarley, dude!!! I knew you wanted to do it Ben... but people kept stopping you... you finally succeeded (we knew you would - you are certainly persistent)!
And remember, Ben... chicks dig scars (a quote from your cousin Matt)
As I told your Mom, I just lucked out during my visit. If you remember, you did fall face first off the chair in the living room. I can see where Ben is healing wonderfully, hopefully Mamaw and Papaw are too.
Post a Comment