
After finally talking Ben into his lion outfit we managed to get him to sit down for a quick photo. BTW, Maya's skeleton onesie glows in the dark. So Ben did not want to go trick-or-treating at first. As he left the front steps of the first house after getting his candy, he was a bit weepy and whiny. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me that he wanted to stay and play with the doggies (there were two dogs inside the house). Eventually, though, he got the hang of it: Grab the candy bag, walk to the door, ring the "ding dong" and get candy. Yeah! We (Elizabeth and Ben) wound up walking around the neighborhood for about an hour and a half. Ben was equally excited about the commotion of "scary people" and the candy. I think he will REALLY look forward to next year. I'm hoping he won't be as shy, though. Even though we practiced roaring (he was really good at this at home), he would not do it for anyone when trick-or-treating. There were a few times that he whispered a roar or let out a decent roar as we left a driveway, but for the most part he was a bit of a cowardly lion.

I'm a lion ... RRRAAAAHHHHRRRR!

Andy and I laughed all night every time we saw Ben from behind. We couldn't get over how much he resembled a rock star from an 80's hair band.

Ben meets another of his kind. The other lion is a little over a year old.
By this time of the night, Ben is really getting the hang of things. I think it is around 8:30 p.m. by now and he is enjoying his second sucker.

Daddy and Maya greet the trick-or-treaters.

4 comments:
CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! Wish I could have been there to see the fun.
I am so glad your lion outfit was not too big. you look so cute. just think next year your will have some
one else go with you. Maya you looked cute too. I'm so glad you have a community there that you can walk and not be afraid. Glad you had fun, fun, fun.
Can't wait to see you
Love you very much
I am having trouble sending
Jon Bon Jovi, eat your heart out!!! That is AWESOME. Kids looks adorable. Tell Ben to save me one of those orange peanut butter taffy thingys (no one really likes those until they're adults anyway, right?)...
Post a Comment