It has been about a week since I last posted pictures or updates. Why you ask? Well, Elizabeth has officially gone back to work and is finishing up her dissertation. Needless to say, she is busy. What does that mean? It means Ben and I get to spend most days ALL day together.Ben is also on a new schedule, a really good schedule. He goes to bed around 9pm, wakes up to eat sometime around midnight, and then sleeps until about 6am. It's great for Elizabeth, and I don't mind the uninterrupted sleep either.
However, it also means that Ben is awake during the day for LONG periods of time.Most of those times he's easy to hang out with, and my buddy and I have a good time. Other times, like today however, there is nothing I can do to help him relax and get comfortable. He moves from the swing to the chair to the mat to me holding him and back to the swing, but he just isn't happy. I feed him and burp him and change him, but still he's not real thrilled about the afternoon. I now know how those parents feel who always look strung out, at wits end, and ready to pull their hair out.
Luckily, he then looks up at me and smiles and all is forgiven and better. I mean, how could you stay frustrated at a face like this? You just can't do it.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for Ben's first Halloween.




5 comments:
Wait a minute... I thought this whole baby thing was suppose to be a breeze. What are you telling me?!!! ;)
Can't wait to see the Halloween pics. I swear he's even bigger than when we saw him last!
Andy, Ben looks perfectly happy in the pictures. I can't imagine him being fussy. Tee Hee
There's a Rolling Stones song that refers to "mother's little helper" - which I believe is a euphemism for Valium!
Perhaps the little man would like to take a walk or hang out in the back yard. Kids love the change of scenery.
You could also load him up in the Baby Bjorn and walk around the mall. ;) You'd probably get hit on by all the ladies whose men wouldn't be caught dead wearing the baby strapped to their chest.
That said, enjoy caring for him now...he'll be the one to care for you when you are old and gray!
I love Rebecca's suggestion because you would get lots attention from everyone wanting to see our precious Ben. We love him to and excited to see him thursday. We love you
Noni do you think they miss us now. I beleive I hear some one calling help. What you think. We were accused on holding Ben to much but I told Andy thats what we drove 7 hours to do and we enjoyed every minute we were there.
Post a Comment